- ESOPRS Annual Meeting 2022 in Nice, France
- Dr Paridaens lectures at Al Qassimi International Ophthalmology Conference
On February 11th, 2022, dr Dion Paridaens delivered an invited lecture on “New and orphan techniques for eyelid reconstruction, the Rotterdam experience” during the virtual 2022 Al Qassimi International Ophthalmology Conference.
- ESOPRS/ASOPRS symposium 5th Febr 2022
ESOPRS/ASOPRS Symposium ‘Nuances in Periocular Recontstruction’
On the 5th of February, 2022 the digital ESOPRS/ASOPRS symposium on ’Nuances in Periocular Reconstruction’ was held. The two-hour interactive Meeting was well attended by more than 400 attendees from the US, Europa and other parts of the world.
The organizers were Dr Richard Allen, Dr Eva Dafgard Kopp, Dr Francesco Quaranta Leoni and Dr Cat Burkat. There were excellent contributions by several invited speakers, panelists and moderators from both sister societies on topics relating to upper & lower eyelid reconstruction and large canthal defects. The case presentations were educational and illustrative of the various techniques for eyelid reconstruction. Interesting questions from the audience were answered and discussed. Dr Dion Paridaens delivered an overview on the reconstruction of upper eyelid and medial canthal defects, while Dr Jeffrey Nerad gave an overview of upper eyelid reconstruction techniques.
Although some priorities and principles apply to eyelid reconstruction, it appeared that broad variety exists with regard to e.g. the role of ‘laissez faire’ and the role of large flaps. There remains a highly inter-individual variety for the choice of surgical techniques in the management of patients with eyelid defects. This may depend on the past training of surgeons, new insights on how to protect to cornea and ocular function, and newly available techniques that aim to restore not only function but also minimize cosmetic deformity. An optimal cosmetic outcome is especially important for the younger patients, who also prefer a fast recovery.
We thank all who contributed to and attended this interesting ESOPRS/ASOPRS webinar, which will likely have a sequel in the future.
Hon Sec ESOPRS
- Trillend ooglid? Radar Interview met Dr Dion Paridaens
- Artikel over ooglidcorrecties in Harper’s BAZAAR: interview met oculoplastisch chirurg Dr Dion Paridaens
Lees verder door via onderstaande link:
- Lateral sliding flap for one-step reconstruction of medium-sized eyelid defects (eyelid reconstruction)
With the above link you will have access to the open source published article describing this technique and results in a case-series.
- Webinar ESOPRS 2021 Online Meeting
- Dion Paridaens new Section-Editor for The British Journal of OphthalmologyPer April 1, 2021 Dion Paridaens will act as a new Section-Editor for the British Journal of Ophthalmology. At present, the BJO has an impact factor of 3.6 Dion Paridaens has already served as a Section Editor for Acta Ophthalmologica. Between 1997 and 2011 he was the Editor-in-Chief of Orbit, the international Journal on Orbital Disorders, Oculoplastic & Lacrimal Surgery. During that period of time, Orbit was included in PUBMED and other large databases. In addition, Dion Paridaens is a frequently invited reviewer of Ophthalmology, Eye, International Ophthalmology, among other journals.
- International Webinar on Orbital Inflammation and Infections by APSOPRS and ESOPRS (Febr 6, 2021)Today, Febr 6 2021, the European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (ESOPRS) joint forces with her Asia-Pacific counterpart (APSOPRS) to hold a webinar on orbital inflammation and infection: the 3rd Challenging Cases in Oculofacial Plastic Surgery Webinar. High level presentations were moderated by world top specialists. Over 1000 colleagues attending. Dion Paridaens spoke about a rare cause of orbital infection (actinomycosis) in his presentation entitled “The Perfect Storm”. He also had a role as discussant in the panel. COVID cannot prevent us from sharing important knowledge! Special thank you to Farzad, Ganga, Francesco and to all who presented and moderated (even in the late evening of night!) Dion Paridaens, Hon. Sec. ESOPRS
- Dion Paridaens co-organizer and moderator in 3 ESOPRS’ webinars on clinical challenging cases in oculoplastic & orbital surgery